Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com> on 2001/09/25 17:13:45 UTC

Deleting an in-use .jar

Under Windows, I have Together Control Center running which has a .jar
specified as part of the classpath.  I cannot delete the file from TCC's
Ant-Runner, a Windows Command Window running an Ant build.xml file, or even
from the prompt in a Windows Command Window.  I am trying to use the new
Together Ant-Runner feature, but am bumping my head into that ZipFIle
jzentry == 0 InternalError issue.  I can't remove, rename, or move the .jar
file from its location.  I used to be able to do that with locked files
under Unix, but it ain't happening under Windows.  Any suggestions?

Re: Deleting an in-use .jar

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 08:10 PM 25/09/01, you wrote:
>At 11:29 AM 9/25/2001, you wrote:
>>Can you copy over it? If so, a hacky fix would be to copy a zero length
>>jar over it...
>
>Excellent suggestion.  I copied the .jar being built to another directory
>and had Together point at it.  Then at the end of the ant build.xml,
>copied the .jar over the one Together was pointing at.  So far so
>good.  Thank you.

That's Windows for you... I've had the same problem myself.

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo:

Re: Deleting an in-use .jar

Posted by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com>.

Re: Deleting an in-use .jar

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 05:13 PM 25/09/01, you wrote:
>Under Windows, I have Together Control Center running which has a .jar
>specified as part of the classpath.  I cannot delete the file from TCC's
>Ant-Runner, a Windows Command Window running an Ant build.xml file, or
>even from the prompt in a Windows Command Window.  I am trying to use the
>new Together Ant-Runner feature, but am bumping my head into that ZipFIle
>jzentry == 0 InternalError issue.  I can't remove, rename, or move the
>.jar file from its location.  I used to be able to do that with locked
>files under Unix, but it ain't happening under Windows.  Any suggestions?

Can you copy over it? If so, a hacky fix would be to copy a zero length jar
over it...

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: