Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Joan Lopez de la Franca <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/14 17:17:30 UTC

Questions about usage of Hadoop built-in examples

Hi all,

I'm used to old version where I could use the typical hadoop-examples-*.jar
with 'wordcount', 'sort' or any other.

Recently I'm using the latest version (2.7.1) but as can I see, there's no
this dot jar file with examples.

After a search over the Internet, I saw that there's a
hadoop-mapreduce-examples jar file.

Where I can find usage help for this examples? Available examples, etc.

I'm focused on the HiBench tool (which use those examples) that I'm using
to test some modifications on the source code of Hadoop.

Thanks!!!

Re: Questions about usage of Hadoop built-in examples

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joan,
In 2.7.1 i am able to see <installation
folder>/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.7.1.jar which
can help you run some sample MapRed Examples like wordcount/ PI

naga@<hostname>:/opt/install/hadoop-2.7.1/bin$ ./yarn jar
../share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.7.1.jar
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 7003
An example program must be given as the first argument.
Valid program names are:
  aggregatewordcount: An Aggregate based map/reduce program that counts the
words in the input files.
  aggregatewordhist: An Aggregate based map/reduce program that computes
the histogram of the words in the input files.
  bbp: A map/reduce program that uses Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe to compute
exact digits of Pi.
  dbcount: An example job that count the pageview counts from a database.
  distbbp: A map/reduce program that uses a BBP-type formula to compute
exact bits of Pi.

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joan,

Posted by Naganarasimha Garla <na...@gmail.com>.