Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Valluri, Sathish" <sa...@emc.com> on 2013/11/15 10:41:12 UTC

Create Table in Hive always throwing the error

When trying to create table in Hive I am always getting the following error always.

Not able to do any hive DDL operations,

FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:java.lang.RuntimeException: commitTransaction was called but openTransactionCalls = 0. This probably indicates that there are unbalanced calls to openTransaction/commitTransaction)

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Can anyone help or give any idea on the reason for this failure always.

I have looked into the similar issue reported on Hive https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4996 but this is looks like observed intermittently and not always.

Regards

Sathish Valluri

Re: Create Table in Hive always throwing the error

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
can you share your configuration (hardware wise)?
and whats the hive version are you using?

--
Nitin Pawar