Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Werner Guttmann <we...@gmx.net> on 2009/12/31 21:22:35 UTC

Usage of maven-dependency-plugin in a multi-modul ebuild

Hi,

I'd like to use the maven-dependency-plugin's copy-dependencies goal to
copy all project dependencies of a complete multi-module build to a
single output directory. Is this actually achievable ?

So far I have only come across examples for simple projects where things
seem to be straight-forward. But in my case (castor.codehaus.org), we
have got plenty of modules, and we'd like to finish a few remaining
tasks of a long-running migration from Ant to Maven.

Right now, we are using Maven 100% for builds, release management of
code artifacts, etc. But as it stands right now, for building our HTML
docs, we still rely on an Ant build file that assumes all our
dependencies to be available at $PROJECT_ROOT/lib. And I'd really like
to automate an otherwise manual process as much as I can (whilst we are
still relying on Ant to be used in this context).

I was thinking about using dependencies:copy-dependencies to achieve
this from within Maven, but somehow I seem to be stuck, as explained above.

Any help ?

Regards
Werner

Re: Usage of maven-dependency-plugin in a multi-modul ebuild

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I assume all you want to dump all project dependencies and associcate
transitive deps?

create a project which depends on all modules in your build, inthere
execute dependency:copy-dependency to to your desired location