Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/07 04:06:50 UTC

Re: Partitioning the index

Are there any particular suggestions on memory size for a machine?  I have a
box that has only 1 million records on it - yet I'm finding that date
searches are already unacceptable (30 seconds) slow.  Other searches seem
okay though.

Thanks!

Re: Partitioning the index

Posted by Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com>.
that is what I thought.  Thanks.

Re: Partitioning the index

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
You'll need to re-index.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a range query.  I don't have any faceted data.
>
> Can I limit the precision of the existing field, or must I re-index?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Are there any particular suggestions on memory size for a machine?  I
> > have a
> > > box that has only 1 million records on it - yet I'm finding that date
> > > searches are already unacceptable (30 seconds) slow.  Other searches
> seem
> > > okay though.
> >
> > I assume this is a date  range query (or date faceting)?
> > Range queries with many unique terms in the range is a known
> > limitation, and we should hopefully fix this in 1.4.
> > In the meantime, limiting the precision of dates could help a great deal.
> >
> > -Yonik

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Partitioning the index

Posted by Jim Adams <ja...@gmail.com>.