Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2005/05/26 11:29:26 UTC

JSF + Tapestry

Not that it matters to me, but others (especially newcomers or people
considering Tapestry) might
like being able to integrate these 2.
In an interview
(http://www.theserverside.com/talks/videos/CraigMcClanahan2/interview.tss?bandwidth=dsl),
*
Craig McClanahan states that:*
'you can plug-in your own templating environment if you like the
templating environment of, say, Velocity or the way Tapestry's template
pages work'
Has anyone tried this? Does this have to do only with the presentation
front-end creation, or would this allow
Tapestry to also handle and process requests (in the normal Tapestry way)?

PS. For marketing purposes, this might be worth a wiki or a how-to page.

Re: JSF + Tapestry

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On May 26, 2005, at 5:29 AM, Andreas Andreou wrote:

> Not that it matters to me, but others (especially newcomers or
> people considering Tapestry) might
> like being able to integrate these 2.
> In an interview
> (http://www.theserverside.com/talks/videos/CraigMcClanahan2/
> interview.tss?bandwidth=dsl), *
> Craig McClanahan states that:*
> 'you can plug-in your own templating environment if you like the
> templating environment of, say, Velocity or the way Tapestry's
> template pages work'
> Has anyone tried this?

Hans Bersten created something similar here:

     http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/06/09/jsf.html

I suspect this idea has been taken further since then though, but I'm
not aware of it personally.

> Does this have to do only with the presentation front-end creation,
> or would this allow
> Tapestry to also handle and process requests (in the normal
> Tapestry way)?

Frankly - Craig is hypothesizing and speaking in terms of the
specification capabilities but I very seriously doubt if he's plugged
in any other templating techniques to JSF.  There is a pretty
dramatic mismatch between Tapestry and JSF and bridging the two would
not be trivial.

     Erik