Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Andreas Kemkes <a5...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/13 04:30:21 UTC

Compiling and installing couchdb versions on ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric)

I've been trying to install various versions of couchdb on ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) with varied success:

(1) from apache-couchdb-1.1.1.tar.gz

Needed to adept the instructions on https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu:

The lack of xulrunner-1.9.2 on ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) made me pick the following packages (not sure if that is a minimal list):

sudo apt-get install libmozjs-dev libicu-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtool erlang-eunit erlang-dev
./configure (no options)

Maybe this is helpful and someone can amend the website with this information.

Still some failing tests - initially due to the fact that I ran the testsuite from Safari - but subsequently also on re-runs from Firefox.  Is this a known issue or would details help?

There is also some inconsistency when tests are run on an aws ec2 instance versus on a local vm instance (some test fail on the former, but not on the latter:

replicator_db:

	1. Assertion  failed: typeof repDoc2._replication_state === "undefined"
	2. Assertion  failed: typeof repDoc2._replication_state_time === "undefined"
stats:

	1. Assertion 'triggered, "We managed to force a all_dbs_active error."' failed: We managed to force a all_dbs_active error.

(2) from apache-couchdb-1.0.3.tar.gz

Can't build due to:

configure: error: Could not find the js library.
Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?

I think the problem here is the lack of xulrunner-1.9.2, which I could not locate for ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric).

Are there any workarounds?

(3) couchdb-1.2.0 using build-couchdb

Success, but several failing tests.  This is somewhat expected, but I can provide details if  that would help.

(4) couchdb-1.1.1 and couchdb-1.0.3 using build-couchdb

Could not manage to get a clear checkout - trying to find out why via https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb/issues/42

Any feedback and answers on how to proceed is much appreciated.

Andreas