Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam - PAE <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2009/03/02 21:33:28 UTC

Status of Task list for release

We only have 2 weeks to go and a number of pending tasks. Please read
and I would appreciate it if we can up the priority of Olio release
related tasks for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Shanti

> Task List
> =========
>
> File JIRA's for these issues and fix:
> . Add caching as a configurable option to the rails application.

OLIO-59. AI assigned to Will for completion by 3/6.

> . Update the rails db and file loaders from the php version.

OLIO-60. AI assigned to Will for completion by 3/6.

> . Test rails app with new db scale (100x Users) and check-in fix for
> OLIO-51 (Will has filed OLIO-54 which involves schema changes)

Pending. Testing should be done after OLIO-60 is fixed.

> . Issues to fix:
>   OLIO-53     Database load fails at high user counts
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-53

Fixed in PHP app. Closed. Created OLIO-60 for Rails app.

>   OLIO-52     Web application consumes increasingly more time as run
> progresses
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-52

Fixed. Closed.

>   OLIO-51     Increase scale/size of database
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-51

Fixed in PHP app. Rails pending.

>   OLIO-33     Change 'web20' names everywhere to 'olio'
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-33

Almost done for PHP. Only thing pending is the db name/user/password.
Will - do you have any references to 'web20' in the rails app ? Since
the driver side has already been changed, if you don't have such names,
let me know.

>   OLIO-29     Driver does not check for accuracy in throughput to
> determine pass/fail
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-29

Fixed for PHP. What is the status on the rails side ?

>   OLIO-13     License/copyright info in source files is incorrect
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-13

Fixed for PHP. I notice that the rails code doesn't have any headers at
all. Need to find out if it's a must to have this added before release ?

>   OLIO-3      Caching needs to be implemented in PHP application
>             https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-3

DONE. The issue isn't being closed yet though since we still have a bit
more work to do but we are okay for the release.

> . Update setup instructions to work on released tar bundle

Pending. AI assigned to Shanti for PHP and Will for Rails.

> . Update spec doc (it's currently very minimal)

Akara - can you handle this ?

> . Add top-level ant script for each implementation to build release

AI assigned to Akara for PHP. I assume we can easily port this over for
the rails kit.

> . Add release notes

AI to Shanti

> . Edit web page to add download links.
AI to Shanti

> . Create and test release. Get keys and sign release.

AI to Shanti for keys and testing php app, Will for testing rails release.

Shanti

Re: Status of Task list for release

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
Why don't you finish up the smaller (doable) items then  and leave the
large one (caching). I think it's important to update the loader code as
otherwise you won't have the right scale and recent fixes.
More answers below.

Shanti

William Sobel wrote:

>>> . Update the rails db and file loaders from the php version.
>>
>> OLIO-60. AI assigned to Will for completion by 3/6.
>
> This is also complex since we will need to change the file manager in
> attachment_fu. We were waiting for the php version to complete.

Not sure what the issue is ? We aren't talking about the multiple
directory structure yet - just some fixes to parallelize the file loader
(this should port straight thru) and make the dbloader more memory
efficient.

> The only references we have to web20 is the Web20Emulator in the
> geocoder. Have you changed that name?

This was changed long time ago to geocoder - so the URL is now
'http://<host:port>/geocoder/geocode'

>>>  OLIO-29     Driver does not check for accuracy in throughput to
>>> determine pass/fail
>>>            https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-29
>>
>> Fixed for PHP. What is the status on the rails side ?
> Need to look into this. What was the PHP issue?

Once again, a straight port. Check the svn commit for the issue.
>>>  OLIO-13     License/copyright info in source files is incorrect
>>>            https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLIO-13
>>
>> Fixed for PHP. I notice that the rails code doesn't have any headers
>> at all. Need to find out if it's a must to have this added before
>> release ?
>
> We could add headers, but is a license file sufficient?

Not sure - I'll check the process.

Posted by William Sobel <ws...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
I don't think we can get all of these completed this week. I think
they will spill over to next week and closer to the release. We should
prioritize these issues and make sure we aren't wasting time on non-
essential features. - Will

On Mar 2, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Shanti Subramanyam - PAE wrote:

> We only have 2 weeks to go and a number of pending tasks. Please
> read and I would appreciate it if we can up the priority of Olio
> release related tasks for the next couple of weeks.
>
> Thanks
> Shanti
>
>> Task List
>> =========
>> File JIRA's for these issues and fix:
>> . Add caching as a configurable option to the rails application.
>
> OLIO-59. AI assigned to Will for completion by 3/6.

This may take longer than a week. We may need the full two weeks for
this change.