Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2024/01/13 23:29:43 UTC

GRE tunnel between user VM and a outside server not working after KVM host reboot

Hi Friends,

We have a client who is running two VMs on our cloud. They are running GRE
tunnel between their VMs and a server outside our network. After last
reboot of KVM hosts, their GRE tunnel stopped working. The GRE tunnel is
established and private IPs are assigned to both peers buy peers are not
able to reach each other using their private IP addresses.

We have already added all protocols and CIDRs (0.0.0.0/0) into the security
groups belonging to the VMs.

Should we do something on hosts to allow GRE tunneling?

Please advise.

Kind Regards.

Fwd: GRE tunnel between user VM and a outside server not working after KVM host reboot

Re: GRE tunnel between user VM and a outside server not working after KVM host reboot

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you add a security group rule with protocol number 47 (GRE) ?

-Wei