Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/31 07:42:13 UTC

GIT ?

Hi,

I'm wondering since the website is migrated to the brand new CMS, perhaps
we could migrate the code to the new ASF git repo ?

Would be much easier to attract contribution (e.g. from github).

WDYT?

Julien

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 1/10/13 4:08 AM, Alan Cabrera a écrit :
> Yes, wondering where that went too.

I've asked in the JIRA.

We also have the same issue for MINA branches, as we are still working
on 2.0.8

The infra peeps are damn busy those days, so it may take a bit of time.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Yes, wondering where that went too.

Regards,
Alan

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering since the website is migrated to the brand new CMS, perhaps
>> we could migrate the code to the new ASF git repo ?
>>

> Huge +1. As someone who uses git for every other project I work on (at
> work, personally or open source), using svn just feels like a hassle these
> days.
>
> /niklas

+1 from me, too.

  Bernd

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
Infra fixed it, the synchronization was stuck because we changed the mina
trunk location.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: GIT ?

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Worth trying.

Git would help attract more contribution. People can fork repos and send
pull requests.