Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jakjak <ju...@lmco.com> on 2014/06/13 17:09:09 UTC

Virtual topics with a broker mesh

I have 3 brokers setup in a broker network.  I am trying to get the virtual
topic concept to work.  I currently have mulitple consumers subscribing on
Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.Test queue, where * is replaced with the individual
consumer id.  The producer is producing on the VirtualTopic.Test topic.  If
I have consumer A connect to broker 1 and consumer b connect to broker 2 and
producer1 connect to broker 1.  Only consumer A receives the messages.  If I
disconnect the producer and reconnect to broker 2 then only consumer b
receives the messages.  If all consumers and producers are on the same
broker it all works fine.

I am assuming there is some configuration I am missing in the brokers.  I am
running straight out of the box active MQ 5.9.0 configuration with the
addition of the persistance=true tag, with a leveldb persistance adapter.
Along with the one way network connectors to the other brokers.  Each broker
is configured with a one way connection to each broker with the static uri
and a networkTTL of 3.

It is not evident in the documentation that I would need to make any config
changes.  The documentation leads me to believe that for a standard usage of
the virtual topics it should work right out of the box.  Is there something
I am missing?