Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com> on 2017/11/02 16:16:41 UTC

apache sling 9 and eclipse ide tooling

Hi there,

I noticed that the eclipse ide tooling for AEM/sling installs 2 bundles

Apache Sling Tooling Support Install -
org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install (1.0.2)
Apache Sling Tooling Support Source -
org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source (1.0.0)

both these bundles seem to be in an installed state as they have a
dependency issue:
org.apache.sling.commons.json,version=[2.0,3) -- Cannot be resolved

I am using the AEM Developer Tools version 1.1.0

It seems older versions of the bundles are installed as there are newer
versions available as per [1]. Installing the never versions seems to
fix the issue.

Is there any plan to release a new version of the ide plugin? Not sure
if the older versions are used for backwards compatibility reasons with
older versions of sling/AEM.

Would be great to have a working version of the ide integration for the
latest release of sling/AEM.

thank you

Ruben

[1] https://sling.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Tooling Support Install 	1.0.4 	Bundle
<http://mirrors.sonic.net/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4.jar>(asc
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4.jar.asc>,md5
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4.jar.md5>)
	Source ZIP
<http://mirrors.sonic.net/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4-source-release.zip>(asc
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4-source-release.zip.asc>,md5
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.install-1.0.4-source-release.zip.md5>)

Tooling Support Source 	1.0.4 	Bundle
<http://mirrors.sonic.net/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4.jar>(asc
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4.jar.asc>,md5
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4.jar.md5>)
	Source ZIP
<http://mirrors.sonic.net/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4-source-release.zip>(asc
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4-source-release.zip.asc>,md5
<http://www.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.tooling.support.source-1.0.4-source-release.zip.md5>)

Re: apache sling 9 and eclipse ide tooling

Posted by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com>.
Robert,

thanks for the information. Looking forward to the next version

Ruben

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Ruben,