Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nanda kumar <na...@apache.org> on 2019/10/04 17:42:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.1-alpha

Hi Folks,

I have put together RC0 for Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.1-alpha.

The artifacts are at:
https://home.apache.org/~nanda/ozone/release/0.4.1/RC0/

The maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1238/

The RC tag in git is at:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/ozone-0.4.1-alpha-RC0

And the public key used for signing the artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

This release contains 363 fixes/improvements [1].
Thanks to everyone who put in the effort to make this happen.

*The vote will run for 7 days, ending on October 11th at 11:59 pm IST.*
Note: This release is alpha quality, it’s not recommended to use in
production but we believe that it’s stable enough to try out the feature
set and collect feedback.

[1] https://s.apache.org/yfudc

Thanks,
Team Ozone

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.4.1-alpha

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
+1

Thank you Nanda the enormous work to make this release happen.

  * GPG Signatures are fine
  * SHA512 signatures are fine
  * Can be built from the source package (in isolated environment
without cached hadoop/ozone artifacts)
  * Started the pseudo cluster with `compose/ozone`
  * Executed FULL smoke-test suite (`cd compose && ./test-all.sh`) ALL
passed except some intermittent issues:
    * kinit step was failed due to timeout but after that all the secure
testss are passed. I think my laptop was too slow... + I had other CPU
sensitive tasks in the mean time
  * Tested to create apache/hadoop-ozone:0.4.1 image
      * Using hadoop-docker-ozone/Dockerfile [1]
      * Started single, one node cluster + tested with AWS cli
(REDUCED_REDUNDANCY) (`docker run elek/ozone:test`)
      * Started pseudo cluster (`docker run elek/ozone:test cat
docker-compose.yaml && docker run elek/ozone:test cat docker-config`)
  * Tested with kubernetes:
    * Used the image which is created earlier
    * Replaced the images under kubernetes/examples/minikube
    * Started with kubectl `kubectl apply -f` to k3s (3!) cluster
    * Tested with `ozone sh` commands (put/get keys)

Marton

[1]:
```
docker build --build-arg