Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com> on 2004/12/07 04:44:28 UTC

Sandra “whiteboard”

In case anyone want’s to know what I did SoA MVC wise:

I was looking for SoA MVC type framework… none I found. When I learned
Chain, I saw how View or Client does not matter (because context is the
argument so it isolates users code from view signature). So I developed
a SoA dispatcher.
I also bound it to JDNC extensions MVC way for a view. (JDNC needed a
bit of help; ot: LAMP may be better at html/http than what java has, but
PHP has no RIA:-) ).
And made sure it works w/ iBatis and Lucene on back end.

This design breaks with html and http but could be made backward
compatible (it uses a chain request processor). For example support
Action and Tiles Action, and all the other View religions.
On the back end it’s just a Chain based SoA dispatcher.

Book on JDNC + services I sell.
http://payloadz.com/affiliates/gen_1.asp?id=85572
Of course any apache committer I would send the “book” at no charge.

Sandrasf.com site has TOC and jar w/ poor javadoc which are free.
I need this so I will continue to improve. My need was for RiA better
than Flex/Laszlo. Also… any RiA UI platform needs SoA.

I started doing this as whiteboard but... it may be a bid different.

.V