Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/20 05:51:39 UTC

Lost executor on YARN ALS iterations

Hi,

During the 4th ALS iteration, I am noticing that one of the executor gets
disconnected:

14/08/19 23:40:00 ERROR network.ConnectionManager: Corresponding
SendingConnectionManagerId not found

14/08/19 23:40:00 INFO cluster.YarnClientSchedulerBackend: Executor 5
disconnected, so removing it

14/08/19 23:40:00 ERROR cluster.YarnClientClusterScheduler: Lost executor 5
on tblpmidn42adv-hdp.tdc.vzwcorp.com: remote Akka client disassociated

14/08/19 23:40:00 INFO scheduler.DAGScheduler: Executor lost: 5 (epoch 12)
Any idea if this is a bug related to akka on YARN ?

I am using master

Thanks.
Deb

Re: Lost executor on YARN ALS iterations

Posted by Nishkam Ravi <nr...@cloudera.com>.
Can someone from Databricks test and commit this PR? This is not a complete
solution, but would provide some relief.
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/1391

Thanks,
Nishkam

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.
Sandy,

I put spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead 1024 on spark-defaults.conf but I
don't see environment variable on spark properties on the webui->environment

Does it need to go in spark-env.sh ?

Thanks.
Deb

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.