Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/06/23 15:59:12 UTC

REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS Q for 2.x TraceEnable [on|off|extended]

Does anyone see a reason not to resurrect REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS?

The 'TraceEnable extended' semantics include the entire body
handshaking for bodies < 64kb (rejecting larger bodies as
memory hogs).  The body = REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS; line ensures
that the user sees the entire conversation.

This appears gone from 2.x, but it remains useful if unfiltered.
In fact, using some sort of metadata bucket with text, flagging
the bucket as a chunk header, makes a certain sort of sense to me.

I'll work up a patch this weekend if there is no objection.

Bill

Re: REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS Q for 2.x TraceEnable [on|off|extended]

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:59:12AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone see a reason not to resurrect REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS?

I have no idea what you are talking about (your email is vague on context);
but we should certainly not reintroduce the kludges associated with
REQUEST_CHUNKED_PASS.  The ap_*_client code needs to go away.  -- justin