Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ta...@tcs.com on 2006/01/16 08:13:03 UTC

Cocoon PHP integration

Hi All,

I am having a problem in integrating PHP with Apache Cocoon. Can somebody
help me in giving some pointer regarding how is the PHP integration
possible with Apache Cocoon. It will be really helpful for me.

Regards
Tarun Bajaj
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: tarun.b@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Cocoon PHP integration

Posted by Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de>.
Hi Tarun,

my suggested way of "integration" would be not to integrate them at all,
but to rather "aggregate" them using apache's ModProxy or some similar
technology. Cocoon wiki has a great article about ModProxy at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy

Example: You have a cocoon based site and want to have some bulletin
board, NOW. You decide PhpBB suits your needs. Then you can put that
into some other directory out of Cocoon's sight and "mount" it with
ModProxy at http://www.yoursite.com/bb/

Of course, that's no true integration, although it would be possible to
share the same database between PHP and Cocoon, thus being able to use
each other's content. It's still the best thing you can do IMHO. Cocoon
and PHP are so very different that its not straightforward to "truly"
integrate them.

There is also a PHP block in Cocoon, but sincerely I have no idea what
it does and I'm not sure if it was ever actually used by somebody.

HTH,
Johannes