Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by ZhuWilliam <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/11 06:48:32 UTC

CarbonLock Exception refractor

Carbondata will try to lock table/column/dict when loading data. However
,for now ,it silences the exception and just return false,then tells the
user "Table is locked for updation. Please try after some time" which  makes
people confused. There are a lot of reasons which can make locking  fail.
Maybe we should refractor here to give
users more specific error .

Re: CarbonLock Exception refractor

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi William

+1 for improving CarbonLock Exception.

Do you have any proposed solution for this improvement, and can you raise
one PR for it.

Regards
Liang

Venkata Gollamudi wrote

Posted by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by QiangCai <qi...@qq.com>.
I agree to refactor code to give detail information.