Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bill Rich <br...@webmethods.com> on 2005/08/04 20:13:28 UTC

containsregexp selector Ant 1.6.5

Hi All,
I am trying to use a fileset to find all the Java ListResourceBundle files in a product. I am trying to use the following:

<fileset id="lrbset" dir="${SOURCEFILESDIR}/${PRODUCT}" includes="**/*">
  <and>
    <filename name="**/*.java"/>
    <or>
      <containsregexp expression=".*\s+class\s+[^\s]+\s+extends\s+ListResourceBundle.*"/>
      <containsregexp expression=".*\s+class\s+[^\s]+\s+extends\s+java\.util\.ListResourceBundle.*"/>
    </or>
  </and>
</fileset>

Works great if "class", "extends", and "ListResourceBundle" are on the same line in a file. If there is a line break in there anywhere it does not find the file.

Snippets from some example files:
1)
<snip>
public class LRB01 extends java.util.ListResourceBundle
implements ComponentLetterError  {
</snip>

2)
<snip>
public class LRB03
extends ListResourceBundle
{
</snip>

3)
<snip>
public class LRB04 extends ListResourceBundle {
</snip>

The fileset finds examples 1 and 3 but not example 2.

Any clues as to what to change or how to approach this differently?

tia Bill