Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Peter Adelmann <pa...@collaborative.com> on 2008/10/10 22:16:56 UTC

FontBox Exception running 0.7.3

Hi,

I trying to test the update on a pdf form.  I open up the PDDocument I
iterate through the fields to the get the specific value.  I then set
the value to something else and try to save the pdf to a different name.
When I try to do this I receive the following stack trace:

org/fontbox/afm/AFMParser

      at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.getAFM(PDFont.java:350)

      at
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.getFontWidthFromAFMFile(PDFont.java:293)

      at
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont.getFontWidth(PDSimpleFont.java:179)

      at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.getStringWidth(PDFont.java:231)

      at
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAppearance.calculateFontSize(PDApp
earance.java:562)

      at
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDAppearance.setAppearanceValue(PDAp
pearance.java:310)

      at
org.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDVariableText.setValue(PDVariableTe
xt.java:145)

      at com.test.pdfBox.PrintFields.printFields(PrintFields.java:82)

      at com.test.pdfBox.PrintFields.main(PrintFields.java:151)

Could anyone suggest the appropriate action at this point?

Thanks,

Peter

Re: FontBox Exception running 0.7.3

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Peter Adelmann
<pa...@collaborative.com> wrote:
> I trying to test the update on a pdf form.  I open up the PDDocument I
> iterate through the fields to the get the specific value.  I then set
> the value to something else and try to save the pdf to a different name.
> When I try to do this I receive the following stack trace:

> org/fontbox/afm/AFMParser

Do you have (the correct version of) the fontbox library in your classpath?

BR,

Jukka Zitting