Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bob Pollack <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/05 17:52:56 UTC

Re: More info on class not found exception

Thanks to Claus Ibsen, a workaround for this problem has been described in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Why+do+Camel+throw+so+many+NoClassDefFoundException+on+startup
the Camel FAQ . Briefly, the workaround is to remove the large jar
apache-camel-x.x.x.jar from your classpath, replacing it with
lib/camel-core-x.x.x.jar and any other jars that contain the Camel
connectors you are actually using (lib/camel-protocol-x.x.x.jar).

Re: More info on class not found exception

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob

Thanks for updating the FAQ. This is great what you wrote/added.

We are looking into how we in the future can let Camel components be a
bit smarter how they register them self.
This will allow us to detect components that wont be able to run due
to missing 3rd part .jars.

That would in the end allow end users to use the big .jar and Camel
would be able to report a much less verbose error/hint that X
component can not start due to missing X 3rd part .jar.

But many end users uses maven and the fine grained jars. This is also
the norm from other frameworks they endorse.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Bob Pollack <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Claus Ibsen, a workaround for this problem has been described in
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Why+do+Camel+throw+so+many+NoClassDefFoundException+on+startup
> the Camel FAQ . Briefly, the workaround is to remove the large jar
> apache-camel-x.x.x.jar from your classpath, replacing it with
> lib/camel-core-x.x.x.jar and any other jars that contain the Camel
> connectors you are actually using (lib/camel-protocol-x.x.x.jar).

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/