Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Nik <ni...@usharesoft.com> on 2013/12/10 11:19:45 UTC

Upgrading older deployed version of syncope to the latest release

Hi fellow syncopers,

Looking at the syncope wiki pages I have had a little question on my
mind for a while.
I was wondering how I can upgrade/uodate an embedded syncope IDM from 1.1.2
directly to 1.1.5 or if this is even possible?

Would I just simply:

a) recompile my 2 war files (syncope.war & syncope-console.war) at
version 1.1.5using the correct pom.xml.

b) stop my 1.1.2 syncope service

c) change some appropriate files on my embedded syncope 1.1.2:
i.e.

Files affected for 1.1.5
-bash-4.1# find . -name indexes.xml
./syncope/WEB-INF/classes/indexes.xml
-bash-4.1# find . -name rest.properties <----- file not found in 1.1.2
-bash-4.1# find . -name restContext.xml
./syncope/WEB-INF/classes/restContext.xml
-bash-4.1# find . -name syncopeContext.xml
./syncope/WEB-INF/classes/syncopeContext.xml
-bash-4.1# find . -name orm.xml
./syncope/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/orm.xml
-bash-4.1# find . -name orm.xml.sqlserver
./syncope/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/orm.xml.sqlserver
syncope/WEB-INF/classes/report
-bash-4.1# ls
report2fo.xsl  report2html.xsl  staticReportlet2fo.xsl
staticReportlet2html.xsl  userReportlet2fo.xsl userReportlet2html.xsl
-bash-4.1#

d) apply all database changes from upgrades [1] to a live syncope 1.1.2
db i.e. upgrade changes: "1.1.2to 1.1.3" & "1.1.3to 1.1.4" & "1.1.4to 1.1.5"

e) unravel my war files (from step a) above) in the appropriate path,
making sure I don't obliterate certain config files like:
WEB-INF/classes/persistence.properties
WEB-INF/classes/security.properties
etc

f) do a backup as per [2]

g) zip up the deployed syncope IDM into 2 new wars (syncope.war &
syncope-console.war)for safety.

OR

Is there a better/simpler way?

Best Regards,
Nik

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Upgrade+from+1.1.4+to+1.1.5#Upgradefrom1.1.4to1.1.5-Other
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Calling+RESTful+services+from+CLI

RE: Upgrading older deployed version of syncope to the latest release

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
I followed the migration approach on the wiki and explained by Francesco to migrate from 1.1.0 to 1.1.4 which worked for me.

Oli
Posted by Nik <ni...@usharesoft.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.