Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stefan Lotties <sp...@arcor.de> on 2005/08/15 21:09:54 UTC

ClassCastException: org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender

hi,

I'm currently writing a realm for tomcat 5.0 and need to authenticate a
user using some webservice
someone else wrote.
Unfortunatly he just went to holiday and I can't really use his webservice
since I'm getting the
following exception when invoking a call to the webservice:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender
         at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDTargetedChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDTargetedChain.java:157)
         at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:274)
         at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:260)
         at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getTransport(WSDDDeployment.java:410)
         at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getTransport(FileProvider.java:257)
         at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getTransport(AxisEngine.java:332)
         at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:163)

Do I have to put the HTTPSender-handler into a client-transport or so?
I don't know if it helps, but if I use my testclass and instantiate my
realm and authenticate a user
everything works fine. If I put my realm-jar plus the needed other jars
like axis into tomcat/server/lib
and let the tomcat use my realm the exception occurs.

ps:
his server-deploy.wsdd 'transport'-stuff looks like:
<handler name="LocalResponder"
type="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalResponder" />
<handler name="URLMapper"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.URLMapper" />
<handler name="Authenticate"
type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.SimpleAuthenticationHandler" />

<transport name="http">
<requestFlow>
<handler type="URLMapper" />
<handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.HTTPAuthHandler" />
</requestFlow>
<parameter name="qs:list"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSListHandler" />
<parameter name="qs:wsdl"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSWSDLHandler" />
<parameter name="qs.list"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSListHandler" />
<parameter name="qs.method"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSMethodHandler" />
<parameter name="qs:method"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSMethodHandler" />
<parameter name="qs.wsdl"
value="org.apache.axis.transport.http.QSWSDLHandler" />
</transport>
<transport name="local">
<responseFlow>
<handler type="LocalResponder" />
</responseFlow>
</transport>

--stefan lotties

Re: ClassCastException: org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender

Posted by Aleksander Pascoal <al...@gmail.com>.
Using HTTPSender all you can do is authenticate by Basic!