Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com> on 2014/04/24 21:57:55 UTC

Maven sure fire plugin npe problem.

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if some of you met this problem before, we have some smoke test in Jenkins sever, which will run some test case through maven sure fire plugin, version is 2.17

But it will always throw an exception like this:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.report.SmartStackTraceParser.<init>(SmartStackTraceParser.java:60)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.report.PojoStackTraceWriter.smartTrimmedStackTrace(PojoStackTraceWriter.java:60)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkingRunListener.encode(ForkingRunListener.java:328)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkingRunListener.encode(ForkingRunListener.java:312)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkingRunListener.toString(ForkingRunListener.java:258)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkingRunListener.testFailed(ForkingRunListener.java:137)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGReporter.onTestFailure(TestNGReporter.java:105)
     at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1901)
     at org.testng.internal.Invoker.runTestListeners(Invoker.java:1885)
     at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:788)
     at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:907)
     at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1237)
     at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:127)
     at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:111)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(TestRunner.java:767)
     at org.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:617)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:334)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:329)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:291)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:240)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.runSuite(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:51)
     at org.testng.SuiteRunnerWorker.run(SuiteRunnerWorker.java:85)
     at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesSequentially(TestNG.java:1197)
     at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:1122)
     at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:1030)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGExecutor.run(TestNGExecutor.java:293)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGXmlTestSuite.execute(TestNGXmlTestSuite.java:84)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGProvider.invoke(TestNGProvider.java:91)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:200)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:153)
     at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)

I try to google something, but I don't get any good feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Tim

RE: Maven sure fire plugin npe problem.

Posted by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your info, your solution works for me :)

Br,
Tim

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

RE: Maven sure fire plugin npe problem.

Posted by Tim Wu T <ti...@ericsson.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yaroslavTir <ya...@gmail.com>.
And also I use spock framework, not TestNG

Re: Maven sure fire plugin npe problem.

Posted by yaroslavTir <ya...@gmail.com>.
Ok, sounds good.
anyway just in case here is me reproduce on github:
https://github.com/YaroslavTir/surefile-plugin-problem

Re: Maven sure fire plugin npe problem.

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
There is an issue filed for it already:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-1077

The fix should be quite simple, I just didn't get to it, yet. But we should
aim for wrapping up Surefire 2.18 within the next (very) weeks, which would
include this issue.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by yaroslavTir <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,