Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/02 15:42:16 UTC

How to force undeployOldVersions ?

I have had a good experience doing the parallel deployment with the latest
stable build of tomcat7, by using autoDeploy after copying a newer version
of WAR to the appbase. As i can see from my manager app, there are 2
versions running, the newer one is serving new requests as expected.

The problem is that, although with undeployOldVersions=true, the old
version of the webapp is still there.
>From what i've seen from catalina.out, there's a ThreadLocal issues that
are being used by 3rd party classes and i assumes this is the output of the
undeployment process failing.

Is there a way that i can 'force' the undeployOldVersions ?
I've thought about using ant task to undeploy, but it seems that i cannot
specify the version to undeploy.

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: How to force undeployOldVersions ?

Posted by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com>.
My apologies. My assumption was wrong about using the latest stable build.
My debian wheezy's version on tomcat7 package is 7.0.28-4.

I wonder how do i upgrade to the latest version without sacrificing all the
good stuffs already provided in wheezy,
maybe something like updating tomcat's jars ? Is it a bad idea ?

Thanks for pointing this out, really appreciate it !

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com>.