Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by trinko <tr...@pacbell.net> on 2000/06/09 03:46:07 UTC

setValidation

I just downloaded 1.1.1.  I've got a simple app that just validates a
document.  The method I'd been using to set validation on isn't there
anymore.  There appears to be a method called setValidation but it's
inherited and there isn't any documentation.  So what do I do in 1.1.1 to
turn validation on with the DOMParser?  Thanks.

tom trinko  trinko@pacbell.net
http://members.aol.com/trinkos/basepage.html
Check out my web page for Java applets, a nice set of stations of the
Cross, and info on my books

Re: setValidation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
trinko wrote:
> I just downloaded 1.1.1.  I've got a simple app that just validates a
> document.  The method I'd been using to set validation on isn't there
> anymore.  There appears to be a method called setValidation but it's
> inherited and there isn't any documentation.  So what do I do in 1.1.1 to
> turn validation on with the DOMParser?  Thanks.

This is explained in the documentation. There is a FAQ item as well
as an explanation in the features docs. The parser now uses the
SAX2 method setFeature() in order to turn on/off validation (among
other things).

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org