Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/04/04 16:05:49 UTC

Debugging FlexJS applications

Just a question ...

how would we actually debug a FlexJS application? I am just asking, cause I currently have to work with GWT and I am really really anoyed with how you have to debug these applications (Actually I am anoyed by a lot more ;-) ). Would this be just as tricky as with GWT? Or is no debugging support at all included and the idea is more of a "develop and debug as flex and export the finished application to JavaScript"?

Chris

Re: Debugging FlexJS applications

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> If it doesn't "just work", then you'll need a JS debugger in your browser.
> We may eventually do source maps or make the output line-for-line compatible
> or annotate the JS output, but it is too early to say right now.

Actually, you already get a sourcemap with the release output from FalconJx.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Debugging FlexJS applications

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
The goal is to let you do most of your development running in Flash via an
IDE (FB or any other Flex-compatible IDE) and hopefully it will "just work"
when cross-compiled.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team