Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/06/09 02:00:17 UTC

DDoS attack against URIBL and Rules site - What can we do?

OK - we need a plan. uribl.org is still down. We need a plan to make
various anti-spam services immune from these kinds of attacks.

So - who has some ideas?

Re: DDoS attack against URIBL and Rules site - What can we do?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Matt Kettler wrote:
>>
>> Well, really this isn't a matter for spamassassin-devel. URIBL has it's
>> own mailing lists.
>>
>> That said, uribl.com is back up, and got professional DDOS mitigation
>> assistance from Prolexic.
>>

> OK - it might be a little off topic but who is Prolexic?

You could check the uribl.com webpage, or www.prolexic.com.

Regardless, they're a company that specializes in DDoS mitigation. Their
website is mostly marketing fluff with little detail, other than to say
their technology is patent-pending. It appears to be largely a setup
where they handle routing for your site on a high-capacity,
highly-peered network and perform DDoS filtering on their end.

Re: DDoS attack against URIBL and Rules site - What can we do?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Marc Perkel wrote:

> OK - it might be a little off topic but who is Prolexic?

They probably have a website.  They're one of those fancy Internet
companies.

Re: DDoS attack against URIBL and Rules site - What can we do?

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by DDOSProtector <hi...@hotmail.com>.
Neustar (formerly UltraDNS) specializes in DDoS mitigation. Let me know if
you need contact info.