Posted to builds@apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2015/11/19 22:08:43 UTC

Request to add RANGER as part of PreCommit-Admin job filter

Hi:

PreCommit job for RANGER project is not getting kicked off (for PATCH-AVAILABLE jiras).

I just found out that the filter used by PreCommit-Admin job did not have RANGER project, which was added based on the JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9405

Can someone please help with setting the PreCommit-Admin job filter to include RANGER project ?

Thanks,
Selva-

Re: Request to add RANGER as part of PreCommit-Admin job filter

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>.
Just created an Infra ticket to followup on the issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10918

Thanks,
Selva-
From:  Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
Date:  Friday, December 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM
To:  <jf...@apache.org>
Cc:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>, "builds@apache.org" <bu...@apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Request to add RANGER as part of PreCommit-Admin job filter

Jake:

Thanks for looking into this PreCommit issue for Ranger team.

I see that the PreCommit-Admin job is retrieving the RANGER Jiras (see:  https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-Admin/230343/console  - which has   RANGER-765,12775765 has been processed, ignoring )

But, it NEVER kicked off Ranger PreCommit Build -   'https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-RANGER-Build/'

Is there a setting that prevents the PreCommit job being kicked off automatically ?
Thanks,
Selva-

From:  Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>
Date:  Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 4:57 PM
To:  "builds@apache.org" <bu...@apache.org>
Cc:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

RANGER project has been in both filters in use by the job admin, they are:

project in (HADOOP, HDFS, ZOOKEEPER, MAPREDUCE, HBASE, SQOOP, FALCON, KNOX,
TAJO, SENTRY, TEZ, RANGER, PHOENIX, LENS, YETUS) AND status = "Patch
Available" ORDER BY updated DESC

project in (GIRAPH, HADOOP, HDFS, HIVE, MAPREDUCE, YARN, HBASE, ZOOKEEPER,
SQOOP, FALCON, TAJO, SENTRY, TEZ, RANGER, PHOENIX, LENS, YETUS) AND status
= "Patch Available" AND updated >= -2w ORDER BY updated DESC

is patch available getting set on the tickets? can you give me an example
ticket which is not showing up for these queries that you feel should be in
the list

-Jake

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.