Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org> on 2021/06/21 23:48:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Airflow Upgrade Check 1.4.0 from 1.4.0rc2

Hey all,

This calls for the release of *apache-airflow-upgrade-check*,
version 1.4.0. This represents the contents of the airflow/upgrade/
tree (plus a few supporting files) as a separate dist. This will be the last
released version of Airflow Upgrade Check as Airflow 1.10.x has reached EOL
on 17 June 2021.

This code is based on the v1-10-stable branch, the git tag is
https://github.com/apache/airflow/releases/tag/upgrade-check%2F1.4.0rc2

This email is calling a vote on the release, which will last until Friday
25th June 00:00 UTC

Consider this my (binding) +1.

The files can be downloaded from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airflow/upgrade-check/1.4.0rc2/

- *apache-airflow-upgrade-check-1.4.0-source.tar.gz* is a source
release containing the files that made up the binary and wheel
releases.
- *apache-airflow-upgrade-check-1.4.0-bin.tar.gz* is the binary
Python "sdist" release.
- *apache_airflow_upgrade_check-1.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl* is the
binary Python pre-compiled wheel file.

Public keys are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/KEYS

This dist is also available on PyPI
https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-upgrade-check/

Changelog:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/tree/upgrade-check/1.4.0rc2/airflow/upgrade#changelog

Changes from 1.4.0rc1:
- Fix false positives when inheriting classes that inherit ``DbApiHook``
(#16543)

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but members of the community
to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The test procedure for PMCs and Contributors who would like to test
this RC are described in
<
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_AIRFLOW_UPGRADE_CHECK.md#verify-release-candidates-by-contributors
>.

To actually use this command you will need apache-airflow 1.10.15

Please note that the version number inside the archives exclude the
`rcX` string, so it's now simply 1.4.0. This will allow us to rename
the artifact without modifying the artifact checksums when we actually
release.

Thanks,
Kaxil

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Airflow Upgrade Check 1.4.0 from 1.4.0rc2

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello Airflow Community,

The vote to release Apache Airflow Upgrade Check 1.4.0 based on 1.4.0rc2 is
now closed.

The vote PASSED with 3 binding "+1", 3 non-binding "+1" and 0 "-1" votes:

"+1" binding votes:
- Kaxil Naik
- Ash Berlin-Taylor
- Jarek Potiuk

"+1" non-Binding votes:
- Elad Kalif
- Ephraim Anierobi
- Xinbin Huan

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/reefa7f04f96fd72d941fe60e9878f1e9c5b87989450687c16c704255%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

I'll continue with the release process, and the release announcement will
follow shortly.

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow Upgrade Check 1.4.0 from 1.4.0rc2

Posted by Xinbin Huang <bi...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

Posted by Ephraim Anierobi <ep...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Will appreciate more votes :)

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow Upgrade Check 1.4.0 from 1.4.0rc2

Posted by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)