Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gabriele Garuglieri <ga...@infoblu.it> on 2003/05/23 14:56:29 UTC

Read only admin webapp

I'd like to allow the capability to browse the tomcat configuration via
admin webapp but without allowing the possibility to alter it.
Do you know if admin can be configured in read only mode?

(just for your knowledge i explain the reason for this request. We
deploy our applications using a separate context.xml for each
application and manager commands, but after committing any changes with
admin webapp the applications context information are written into
server.xml making useless the application context.xml..
IMHO there's a problem in how context informations are handled, just
imagine this sequence:
1. appa.war and appa.xml are copied into webapps
2. manager install using appa.xml
3. admin webapp commits some changes and /appa context info are written
into server.xml
4. a new release of appa.war and appa.xml with changes in appa.xml are
copied into webapps
5. manager stop and start of /appa context loads new context configuration
6. tomcat stop and start
7. oops! /appa old context configuration is loaded from server.xml
ignoring new appa.xml config.
9. then someone calls you (me) unaware of that, asking why the new
release of the application that in the test environment is working
perfectly, now behaves in strange ways...

The obvious solution was to uninstall admin to avoid possible mistakes,
but it's a pity because it is very useful using it to look into tomcat
config instead of having to browse through server.xml and a number of
context.xml.)

Regards,  Gabriele.

Configuring Driver in TOMCAT

Posted by Ravi Kiran <ra...@netscape.net>.
Hi Friends,

I am having my own odbc driver. How to configure that driver
in tomcat. can one can guide the configuration steps to be
followed to configure the driver?

Can some body can out with sample example.

Thanks in Advance
Kiran