Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/02/12 17:12:13 UTC

Re: framework changes.xml 'fixed', still not getting the html file.

Huw Roberts wrote, On 12/02/2003 17.12:
> here's a modified version of (avalon/src/xdocs) changes.xml.  forrest
> does not report any errors, but neither is the changes.html file built.
> i'll try and look into that tomorrow - but this is my first exposure to
> forrest, so i'm not sure what to expect.  any pointers would be welcome

Move these changes in the status.xml file. changes.html i sgenerated
from that file.

> - if someone wants to take it from here that's fine too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: framework changes.xml 'fixed', still not getting the html file.

Posted by Huw Roberts <hu...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Huw Roberts wrote, On 13/02/2003 7.39:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> Move these changes in the status.xml file. changes.html i sgenerated
>>> from that file.
>>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> So, what's the best way to rename the file in CVS?  I found this link
>> regarding a suggested procedure:
>> http://www.loria.fr/~molli/fom-serve/cache/287.html , but aren't
>> about to attempt it with some concensus.  Another issue is that it
>> appears cocoon expects the status.xml file in the project root.  i
>> can think of two ways to deal with these:
>> 1. just delete the exisiting file and add it back into the root under
>> the new name
>> 2. rename the file, and then modify forrest.properties to include:
>>    project.status=src/xdocs/status.xml
>>
>> any preference?  if no strong opinions are given either way, i'll
>> proceed with 1, which will lose the change history for that file.
>

> I'm in favor of 1.
> We have a STATUS file, and the status.xml file is meant as a possible
> replacement for it. In forrest we are experimenting with an extended
> DTD. and overall, it makes sense to have the project status in root.

K, its moved to the root, called status.xml and is back in the left-nav.

Re: framework changes.xml 'fixed', still not getting the html file.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huw Roberts <hu...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Huw Roberts wrote, On 12/02/2003 17.12:
>
>> here's a modified version of (avalon/src/xdocs) changes.xml.  forrest
>> does not report any errors, but neither is the changes.html file
>> built. i'll try and look into that tomorrow - but this is my first
>> exposure to forrest, so i'm not sure what to expect.  any pointers
>> would be welcome
>

> Move these changes in the status.xml file. changes.html i sgenerated
> from that file.

Thanks.

So, what's the best way to rename the file in CVS?  I found this link
regarding a suggested procedure:
http://www.loria.fr/~molli/fom-serve/cache/287.html , but aren't about
to attempt it with some concensus.  Another issue is that it appears
cocoon expects the status.xml file in the project root.  i can think of
two ways to deal with these:
1. just delete the exisiting file and add it back into the root under
the new name
2. rename the file, and then modify forrest.properties to include:
    project.status=src/xdocs/status.xml

any preference?  if no strong opinions are given either way, i'll
proceed with 1, which will lose the change history for that file.

- Huw