Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alvin Wang <xw...@qtechservices.com> on 2002/06/10 16:07:37 UTC

How to disable the directory listing in Tomcat?

If I do not set the welcome file in web.xml, is there a way to disable the
directory listing in Tomcat? Thanks!

Alvin

Re: How to disable the directory listing in Tomcat?

Posted by Nancy Crisostomo Martinez <na...@correo.uqroo.mx>.
Yes, If you have Tomcat 3.3 you must check these:
     http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#conf_svr_cust

Here you can find how to Turn off directory listings.... It's very easy and it
works perfect...

If you have another Tomcat version, maybe you must check the server.xml
documentation.

Regards,
Nancy.