Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Ramsey <jm...@gatesarrow.com> on 2001/12/05 20:46:37 UTC

tomcat 4.0.1 / jdk1.3.1 / iis 4 jsp problem

I have installed jdk 1.3.1 , tomcat 4.0.1 and iis4 (with sp6) on nt4.0

I installed tomcat following these instructions:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html

Tomcat will work on port 8080 and render the example jsp's.

I have set up my virtual directory (jakarta) in iis and pointed it to
c:\tomcat4\bin\native\. I did give it execute rights.

When i place test.jsp in that folder to test it, it displays the html code
but does not process my script.

This is what my test.jsp looks like:

<HTML>
<BODY>
Hello!  The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>
for tomcat4
</BODY>
</HTML>

and this is what it renders:

Hello! The time is now
for tomcat4

Do I have something wrong in my configuration file?  What steps do I need to
take to get this jsp to render the date/time?

-
Jason
-