Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Nury Redjepow <nr...@mail.ru> on 2012/06/20 10:39:50 UTC

Using row cache causes slowdown and unavailable reads

Good day,

I'm load testing our cassandra instance. I have a column family with 2300 rows, each being ~ 5MB. And I run same query which asks for same rows. With caching='keys_only" response time is adequate. But with caching='ALL', we get four times larger response time and 40-50$ of requests don't get served, error is returned.

So I'm asking if 5MB rows are too big to be using row cache? Or maybe I should do some memory tweaks?

I'm using Cassand 1.1.10, JNA enabled.

Sincerely, Nury.

Re: Using row cache causes slowdown and unavailable reads

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
2300 * 5MB / 1024 = 11GB

Check the logs for GC problems.

Cheers