Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2014/10/30 20:29:37 UTC

repository for jai_imageio

Does anybody know a maven repository for jai_imageio? Currently we use
http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/ but that site is getting very unreliable.

Tilman

Re: repository for jai_imageio

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 30.10.2014 um 20:46 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 30.10.2014 um 20:37 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 30.10.2014 um 20:29 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
>>> Does anybody know a maven repository for jai_imageio? Currently we use
>>> http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/ but that site is getting very unreliable.
>> Why do we use that specific version from mygrid?
>
> The problem isn't the version, the problem is the repository... we need a
> repository because we don't want to have that file permanently in the build for
> legal reason. So it is only temporarly loaded by maven for testing.
>
> In the meantime I found
> http://repo.spring.io/repo/com/sun/media/jai_imageio/
> but haven't tested it yet.
I looks like it provides the javadocs only :-(

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
It’s under a 3-clause BSD license, so yes. There’s an additional license for the JJ 2000 code which adds the non-open (according to the OSI definition) cause that the source/binary license is only granted for "JPEG 2000 Standard conforming products”, which isn’t going to be a problem for us, at least.

I have a fork here where the relevant licenses have been extracted from the source https://github.com/jahewson/jai-imageio-core <https://github.com/jahewson/jai-imageio-core>

-- John

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Don't know if this is legal :-(

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I saw
http://logicaldoc.sourceforge.net/maven/javax/media/jai-imageio/1.1/

Thanks

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Here's a possible solution

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
On 31 Oct 2014, at 01:01, Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we can't use our release channels to push third party artifacts to meven
> central.

That’s fair enough, really.

> The correct way is to open an issue here [1]. But according to [2] they won't
> push those artifats to the repo.

jai_imageio and jai_core aren’t the same thing though, and the licensing for jai_imageio clearly allows redistribution. Perhaps we should open an issue with maven central?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@biblific.com>.

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@biblific.com>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 30.10.2014 um 20:29 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Does anybody know a maven repository for jai_imageio? Currently we use
> http://repository.mygrid.org.uk/ but that site is getting very unreliable.
Why do we use that specific version from mygrid?

> Tilman

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler