Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Costa Michailidis <co...@innovationbound.com> on 2014/07/07 16:01:49 UTC

Trouble with Replication (continuous rep from remote IrisCouch 1.3 to local Ubuntu 14.04 CouchDB 1.5

Hi!

I'm looking to get replication working better. I'm running an event this
fall (https://tedxgramercy.com/grit) and we're in the process of selling
tickets. Each ticket has a QR code and a bunch of data that I'm storing in
a CouchDB (IrisCouch with couch version 1.3). I'd like to replicate from
there to my localhost CouchDB which came with Ubuntu 14.04, that would be
CouchDB version 1.5, in order to backup our data in case my hosts at
IrisCouch see some earthshaking or something.

The problem is that every time I set off a continuous replication, usually
with the Replicator in Futon of my localhost couch, I seem to get only some
replication. It's very very slow, and it never copies all of the docs. I'm
logged in to Futon of my localhost couch with the server admin credentials,
and using basic auth with database admin credentials for my remote couch
(that should allow me to grab design docs as well right?). (Side note: how
do you do basic auth for passwords with symbols in them?) I can't tell if
I've done anything wrong, or if I'm stepping on a bug somewhere, or if
something in Ubuntu's version of CouchDB 1.5 is being weird.

Any help would rock : )

Best,
Costa
--

*Costa Michailidis*

* Innovation Bound  InnovationBound.com/Costa
<https://www.innovationbound.com/costa>*