Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by dovan nguyen <do...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/26 03:16:57 UTC

Slide looses previous files/directories after being RE-DEPLOYED

Hi all,

I use slide as a web application.  I set the
resetBeforeStarting to false in Domain.xml and
redeployed slide.war...

When i open the web folder at
http://localhost:7001/webdav/files/  all the contents
are not listed.  I checked in the file system and the
contents are still there but slide keeps giving me a
'File Not Found'.  Atached is my web.xml and
Domain.xml.

Please help.

Thanks,
Dovan

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: Stable 2.x release

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.
That's "-ING".   So you'd better have cvs access for that...

Sung-Gu

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
There is no stable 2.x release. However, you can get "the latest
and greatest code" (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html), which most people
around here use, with the  following commands in your DOS box or
shell or whatever you use:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
(Password anoncvs)

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
jakarta-slide (in one line)

This will give you around 50 mb. I'm not sure whether this will
always be able to compile. There are sometimes Gump build
failure messages in the Slide-dev list. I don't really know what
they mean (I haven't really read them yet.)

Andreas

Stable 2.x release

Re: Slide looses previous files/directories after being RE-DEPLOYED

Posted by dovan nguyen <do...@yahoo.com>.
Andreas,

thank you so much!  It works just fine on WL 7.0  :)

I will certainly need your help when I start the
Authentication/Authorizaton/Locking/Versioning part of
the problem.

Regards,
Dovan

--- Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Dovan.
>
> > Andreas, Kalpesh,
> >
> > thank you for your tips...
>
> You're welcome. I'm happy if I can help. As I
> appreciate answers
> to my questions, I myself try and answer what I can.
>

> > Does this means I have to use a 'real' (or
> relational)
> > database ?  If so How could I get the same
> > functionality using only the File System ?
>
> The config I sent today uses hsqldb. This is a
> relational
> database, open source and already included in Slide.
> You just
> have to enable it the way I wrote this morning. This
> will give
> you 4 files in your file system.
>

> > Here is what I'd like to achieve:
> >
> > 1. Setup a directory called 'repository'.
>
> If you want it at the same position, no matter where
> at your
> prompt you start the server from, you can set up the
> following
> rootpath. This will work only for Windows.
>
> <parameter name="rootpath">c:\repository</parameter>
>
> You can specify the location of the hsqldb file the
> same way,
> i.e. <parameter

name="url">jdbc:hsqldb:c:\repository\slidestructure</parameter>

> > 2. My client will point to that directory and
> > read/write files via webdav.
> >
> > 3. I do not need at this time any
> > Authorization/Authentication features nor
> > Locking/Versioning
> >
> > 4. I should be able to browse (using IE or Window
> > Explorer) the directory 'repository' and all its
> > subfolders and files.
> >
> > 5. After making changes and redeploy slide.war, I
> > should be able to do/see exactely the same
> > folders/files as in step 4.
>
> If you set up JDBCDescriptorsStore or anything else
> but
> MemoryDescriptorStore, it will be that way.
>
> Did you look at the WebdavServlet included in Tomcat
> (context
> webdav)? What you write sounds as if this would be
> enough for
> you.
>
> Ah, I remember you're using Weblogic. But it might
> be, you could
> get hold of the needed classes and deploy them to
> Weblogic.
>
> Andreas
>

> > Could you please send me a sample web.xml and
> > Domain.xml to demonstrate these ?
> >
> > And thank you again for your help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dovan
> >
> > --- Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > Hi Dovan,
> > >
> > > you use the MemoryDescriptorsStore. After reset
> > > everything's
> > > gone. Although the files in FileContentStore are
> > > still there,
> > > Slide won't show them.
> > >
> > > You could replace the nodestore by this snipped
> from
> > > the
> > > store name="jdbc" (commented in your Domain.xml)
> > >
> > >  <nodestore

classname="slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore">

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Dovan.

Posted by dovan nguyen <do...@yahoo.com>.
Andreas, Kalpesh,

thank you for your tips...

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Dovan,

you use the MemoryDescriptorsStore. After reset everything's
gone. Although the files in FileContentStore are still there,
Slide won't show them.

You could replace the nodestore by this snipped from the
store name="jdbc" (commented in your Domain.xml)

 <nodestore
classname="slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore">
   <parameter name="driver">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</parameter>
      <parameter
name="url">jdbc:hsqldb:slidestructure</parameter>
      <parameter name="user">sa</parameter>
      <parameter name="password"></parameter>
 </nodestore>

With this config Slide stores everything but the files in a
hsqldb database. You will end up with 4 files named
slidestructure.*

> Hi all,
>
> I use slide as a web application.  I set the
> resetBeforeStarting to false in Domain.xml and
> redeployed slide.war...
>
> When i open the web folder at
> http://localhost:7001/webdav/files/  all the contents

Is this a typo? Normally it's 8080 or 8081.

> are not listed.  I checked in the file system and the
> contents are still there but slide keeps giving me a
> 'File Not Found'.  Atached is my web.xml and
> Domain.xml.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Dovan