Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org> on 2003/11/05 07:08:32 UTC

wherefore art thou LogLog?

In the log4j core classes, we can stop using the LogLog class, right?

Depending on the answer to that one...

Is there a new, central logger we should be using instead, or just create a
logger for the log4j specific class, just as log4j clients would?

And, we should deprecate LogLog for v1.3?  Should we do some code cleanup to
remove LogLog usage from the core classes?

slowly moving on plugins and watchdogs,
-Mark

Re: wherefore art thou LogLog?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hi Mark,

I started using a logger named after the class name in log4j classes.
However, there are some issues with that usage pattern. So, my
recommendation would be to use LogLog for the time being. At a later time,
when domains are implemented, we can sweep through the LogLogs an convert
them to the appropriate logger and domain.

--
Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;
      ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/