Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Pavel Solomin <p....@gmail.com> on 2021/08/28 08:42:10 UTC

KinesisIO - support for enhanced fan-out

Hello!

I would like to understand whether KinesisIO enhanced fan-out is something
Beam community sees useful to be added. Flink currently supports it -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-17688.

I have seen the closed PR - https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9899 - and
would like to know if there is anyone currently working on enhanced fan-out
feature. If not, what's the best way to approach this? Create a Jira issue
first, and then - discuss design with dev@beam.apache.org
<https://beam.apache.org/community/contact-us/>?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Pavel Solomin

Tel: +351 962 950 692 | Skype: pavel_solomin | Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pavelsolomin>

Re: KinesisIO - support for enhanced fan-out

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
There is already an open Jira for this feature [1]. Pavel, feel free to add your thoughts on this there or on dev@.

I left my comment on related PR [2] and I’d be happy to help with moving this feature forward. It would be great to re-use the work that was already done.

—
Alexey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-8511 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-8511>
[2] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9899 <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9899>