Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Henning Sprang <he...@gmx.de> on 2007/10/25 11:23:02 UTC

Message resending at message broker restart

Hi,
We currently seem to be hit by an effect described here:

http://osdir.com/ml/java.activemq.user/2006-05/msg00300.html

In short: when restarting the broker, some messages seems to be resent -
in pour case our system imports some data which it already imported, and
sometimes it overwrites new, current data, with an old import.

I don't see a version number in the mentioned post, but we are using
3.2.2 (and prefer no to upgrade on a short notice, if there's no
important need).

So, I'd like to know if there is any way to get rid of this behaviour,
probably without upgrading to another version. What should I look for -
should I call some cleanup routine on the Broker regularly, or set some
config setting?

Or do you propose, we'd better solve this by upgrading to the latest
version as solving it in the old version is more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks in advance,
Henning