Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org> on 2019/01/15 07:38:46 UTC

what do i need to do to update our static websides

Hello all,

I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
visible.

Are there additional steps needed?

Thanks

Peter

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Awesome Jörg. This worked. Murphies law. YAY.

The right link for publish something is: https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/

you get a login page and then have a simple form for publishing the
latest build.

thanks to all efforts.

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
Hello,

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/19 11:44 AM, Marcus wrote:
> Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
>> visible.
>>
>> Are there additional steps needed?
>
> yes, committing a website change goes to SVN which triggers an automatic
> build for the staging area.
>
> But to get it published you need to do it yourself manually.
>
> Long time ago I've explained the instructions here:
> https://openoffice.apache.org/docs/edit-cms.html
>
> HTH
>
> Marcus

Good to know this is working again. :)

Re: what do i need to do to update our static websides

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Ahh nice. We should update the editing cms-guide.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
I fail with

javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?
uri='+escape(location.href

))

Firefox does not return anything. I do not have an Internet explorer on
my OS.

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Am 15.01.19 um 08:38 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> Hello all,
>
> I committed a change to ooo_sites and after 6h the changes are still not
> visible.
>
> Are there additional steps needed?

As Jörg already wrote, the CMS needs an additional step of publishing.

The changes look good to me and if wanted I (or someone else) could do
this for you.
We can discuss the process in detail afterwards...

Regards,

   Matthias