Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by John Vines <vi...@apache.org> on 2012/12/11 20:43:44 UTC

Kerberos

I am working with Shiro as a pluggable back end for a project and I'm
trying to test some authentication systems. I was trying to find a
KerberosRealm, but it appears it still doesn't exist (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/shiro-user/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTimrqRKVeGmfjyb4GrHijoT8qkwYSg@mail.gmail.com%3E).
However, the features page (
http://shiro.apache.org/features.html ) still lists it as an authentication
source as a realm. Unless there is a kerberos realm hiding somewhere which
I couldn't find (and I'm hoping), you may want to remove that language from
that page until there is one developed. (For the record, if it doesn't, I
may be implementing a configurable one and submitting a patch, but I'm sure
that's something you folks have heard before).

Re: Kerberos

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

The current wording is misleading, and I'm happy to update it.  The idea
was to give examples of the types of datasources that people would
integrate with, not necessarily what Shiro supports out of the box.  Thanks
for the pointer.

If you do indeed implement this, I think we'd be greatly appreciative if
you contribute a patch!

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood | @lhazlewood