Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 12:21:46 UTC

Studio translations

Hi guys,

Felix started to translate Studio to german, and he has done an
excellent job. As I'm having at least 1h30 a day of public
transportation, I have started the french translation.

I also have added a page about translation here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Translating+Studio
When it's green, it's translated. When it's red, it's not yet translated :)

I'm just wondering if we could have a spanish translation, if someone
want to spend something like 30 hours working on it ...

I have a few things to add to the page, like how to manage non-ascii
chars, and also about help.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Studio translations

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

>> Yep, I saw. But from the given link of .../Translation+Studio page you
>> don't have a link back to the i18n page (at least
>> I haven't found) ;-)
>>
> This is supposed to be a child page. May be we should use the same
> mechanism than in ADS, with the upper arrows to move back and forward ?

That's a good idea. The problem is if it's obvious that the posted link is a child?
At least one (me) didn't realized this :-(

Re: Studio translations

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Studio translations

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: Studio translations

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Studio translations

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> Felix started to translate Studio to german, and he has done an
> excellent job. As I'm having at least 1h30 a day of public
> transportation, I have started the french translation.

Thanks for taking this task :-)

> I also have added a page about translation here :
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Translating+Studio
> When it's green, it's translated. When it's red, it's not yet translated :)
>
> I'm just wondering if we could have a spanish translation, if someone
> want to spend something like 30 hours working on it ...
>
> I have a few things to add to the page, like how to manage non-ascii
> chars, and also about help.

See also http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSTUDIO/Internationalisation (and its embedded links) to get some
more information on how the i18n stuff works.

Felix