Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2024/02/01 00:15:28 UTC

Re: Use of Kapa.ai

Hi,

> Unless I miss my guess, the assets from other domains has more to do with freeloading off something that is published elsewhere and a program calls to that source. It also creates the possible vulnerability that it could be changed by the source host.

My understanding is that this could be used to track users.

Kapa.ai is integrated via JavaScript like so, which loads a JS script from kapa.ai.
<script async
src="https://widget.kapa.ai/kapa-widget.bundle.js"
data-website-id="XXX-XXX-XXX"
data-project-name="PROJECT_NAME"
data-project-color="#HEX_COLOR_CODE"
data-project-logo="https://LINK_TO_LOGO.com/logo.png"
></script>

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: Use of Kapa.ai

Posted by Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org>.
As it seems more apache projects are adopting kapa.ai, I think we would need to know, if this is allowed or not.

The list I currently know of:

- Apache Dubbo
- Apache SkyWalking
- Apache Apisix