Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Manjiri Godbole (mgodbole)" <mg...@cisco.com> on 2003/05/08 02:57:50 UTC

JNDIRealm in Tomcat

Hi,

I have configured Tomcat 4.1.24 to use JNDIRealm for basic authentication,
but it does not seem to work. Here is what I have done:

1> Defined the JNDIRealm in the server.xml in side the context that I want
to protect as follows -
<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
		 connectionURL="ldap://ldapserver:389"
		   userPattern="uid={0}, DN string"/>

2> Included the security-constraint and login-config tags in the webapps
web.xml

However when I try to access the webapp I am not prompted with the Basic
Auth dialog. Is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks,
Manjiri