Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/09/10 01:41:23 UTC

Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation

I've just updated the Tomcat 4 docs on the Jakarta web site - these are
the docs that will be built into the Tomcat 4.0 Release Candidate 1
distribution tonight.  Latest additions:

* Converted the "Security Manager HOW-TO" to the new documentation
  format.

* Added documentation on configuring JavaMail sessions made available
  through JNDI to the "JNDI Resources HOW-TO".

* Added documentation on configuring JDBC data sources made available
  through JNDI to the "JNDI Resources HOW-TO".

* Updated the Server Configuration Reference to include details on the
  <Resource> and <ResourceParams> elements.

Check out the latest docs online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc-exp/

Craig McClanahan

SSL

Posted by asheesh <as...@q2aindia.com>.
hi all,

I am trying to install certificate on tomcat3.2.3 to enable it for SSL, =
but start-up is giving exception : filenotfound, i am using win98, i =
generated keystore file using keytool as per documentation, i =
transferred (.keystore) file at the root of my tomcat home.

below is the stacktrace i get by start-up

java.io.FileNotFoundException: firstecom (The system cannot find the file
specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: firstecom (The system cannot find the file
specified)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initKeyStore(SSLSocketFactory.java:22
0)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initProxy(SSLSocketFactory.java:160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:11
8)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

my directory structure is=20
c:\tomcat\......

Can anyone tell me where should i place my (.keystore) file? Right now =
it's in c:\tomcat\(.keystore) , and c:\tomcat\config\(.keystore) and =
c:\windows\(.keystore).=20

following is the <connector> element which i enabled for ssl support

<Connector className=3D"org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
<Parameter name3D"handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
 <Parameter name="port" value="8443"/>
  <Parameter name="socketFactory"
value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
  <Parameter name="keystore" value="tomcat" />
 <Parameter name="keypass" value="changeit"/>
   <!-- <Parameter name="keystoreFile" value=".keystore" />  -->
 </Connector>

thanks in advance,

regards
asheesh

Re: Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.
Sorry...found the latest latest...thanks! I'll try this out and let you know
if I have problems.

Thanks again!

Roderick Mann               rmann @ latencyzero.com.sansspam

Re: Tomcat 4 and Apache Web Server

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Lars Nielsen Lind" <mo...@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> VirtualHosts + SSL.

Both those are supported also by Tomcat 4.0 standalone...

> But it is also done because Apache apparently supports the execution of static
> html files better than jakarta-tomcat.

This will be automatically done for you with mod_webapp .NEXT (coming up
with 4.0RC1)...

    Pier

Re: Tomcat 4 and Apache Web Server

Posted by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk>.
VirtualHosts + SSL.

But it is also done because Apache apparently supports the execution of static html files better than jakarta-tomcat.

/Lars Nielsen Lind

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Lars Nielsen Lind <mo...@worldonline.dk>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> It was my screwup on the original release plan that claimed September 9
> was Monday, rather than today (Sunday).

Well, then we _both_ screwed up :) Ok, anyway, you can tag-and-roll the
jakarta-tomcat-4.0 repository... I just need to fix some stuff in the
jakarta-tomcat-connectors before releasing (will be later tomorrow as now
I'm _so_ tired)...

    Pier

Re: Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:40:38 +0100
> From: Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org, tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Cc: Craig R. McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation
>
> "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, the 9th is actually *today* -- and I'm going to be busy on a
> > personal thing all day tomorrow so I was going to do the release tonight.

It wasn't an inversion issue this time -- 9/9 is 9/9 :-)

It was my screwup on the original release plan that claimed September 9
was Monday, rather than today (Sunday).

> Doh... I noticed... :) I still need to get used to the inversion of
> month/day day/month from US to UK :)
> I just reintegrated all Java code in the Catalina repository from the
> Connectors repository, so, at least for me, you can tag...
>
> In the C code I still have a little thing I want to get rid of, and I'll tag
> it tomorrow (UK time)...
>
>     Pier (moving the discussion to Tomcat-DEV where it should be!)

Craig

Re: Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Pier Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I've just updated the Tomcat 4 docs on the Jakarta web site - these are
>> the docs that will be built into the Tomcat 4.0 Release Candidate 1
>> distribution tonight.  Latest additions:
>
> Release tonight? Wasn't it Monday the 9th? (tomorrow!)

Sorry, my bad (in bloody europe we don't reverse month/day anymore and I got
lost... Hehehe :) Pier needs to commit some patches now...

    Pier

Re: Latest and Greatest Tomcat 4 Documentation

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.