Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Curtis Nelson <Ne...@larsondavis.com> on 2005/02/15 16:40:30 UTC

Tomcat configuration

If I want to host several different web apps in Tomcat, each having it's own user database & using FORM authentication, how would I configure Tomcat?  I tried putting the jdbcRealm in the /engine/hostname/nnn.xml file, yet when I try to log into one of my pages I get the error:

Feb 14, 2005 4:20:39 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm authenticate
SEVERE: Unexpected error
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration

Can anyone please help me with this?  I've spent about a week on it already.

Please note:  If I put the JdbcRealm in the <engine> or <host> element of server.xml, everything works fine - except then I can't have a 1-to-1 mapping between webapp and login database.

Thanks,

Curtis