Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/01 16:18:57 UTC

[m2] one source tree many artifacts?

My next problem is that I wish to produce several artifacts from the
same source tree. I've experimenting with mbeans and one of the sun
samples has a Client and a Server class each with a main method in
the same package - therefore I will need two artifacts.

I could always refactor them into 2 maven project source trees but I
won't always be able to use this approach, especially if a company
already has an investment in a large single source tree.

Just to be clear I don't want to produce 2 artifacts from the same
Maven project - the docs say that's a bad idea and I agree - I'm
quite happy to have 2 Maven projects.

Thanks
-AW