Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Anton Huenermann <ah...@opentext.com> on 2002/03/14 12:20:53 UTC

mod_proxy/10176: Content-Type header disappearing on pages served from the Cache

>Number:         10176
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Content-Type header disappearing on pages served from the Cache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We have an application serving content  that is a mixture of html, pdf's, PowerPoint files and misc other mime types. We are using Apache as a Reverse Proxy in our DMZ and use the caching option. When we have a cache miss, the correct headers are passed through to the client browser. When we have a cache miss, the wrong mime-type is returned in the header. We've looked at the content of the cache directory, there the correct headers are still in the cached file, therefore there appears to be an error in the reading of content from the cache.

This problem has only started appearing since we updated to 1.3.23.

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]